Every year the arrival of springtime in Rome is baptized by a major sport event: the Rome Marathon. 2015 edition will occurr on Sunday 22nd March and predictably it’s going to be a frisky day for the Eternal City and all her visitors.
Terms and conditions for participation can be checked out on the official website, we shortlisted for you the main points though:
– latest day for registration is March 5th;
– March 19th-21st: time frame to collect bib number and race packet at the Marathon Village, set one week prior to the race at Palazzo dei Congressi (EUR area);
– the start will be at Via dei Fori Imperiali at 8.50 am, the finish line being at the same place (but 42 km later…)
– a parallel non-competitive event will be held the same day: the RomaFun, a 5 km walk open to anyone from Via dei Fori Imperiali to Circo Massimo. The start will be slightly later the Marathon, i.e. at 9.10 am. Meeting point for the RomaFun participants is fixed at 8 am in Via Cavour.
– deadline for the RomaFun is March 21st, (8,00 including official t-shirt)
– RomaFun Village will be set at the end of the route as a refreshment point providing with several amenities.
Don’t hesistate to contact our staff at Carlito Hotel & Hostel for more news!